Friday, November 9, 2012

t(*-*t)

Looking back at the reason why did I first start tutoring,
It was because I was free on Fridays and also I was giving a ride to someone at the same time.
It wasn't because I love kids so much or isn't because I like tutoring..
When this person that I gave a ride to, stopped tutoring because of work...
I kinda get less motivated to continue tutoring too..

After being in an officer position,
It makes it even harder for me to stop going..
Still I went because I know the difference of having an extra tutor....

Last week, we were having a fundraising event and I'm in charge of that event.
I admit that this time, it wasn't well planned..
People wasn't free to make whatever is decided on that me..
Lesson learned: Do not go by the majority, stick by own opinion because I should know well what works and what doesn't..
So, I skipped the tutoring program and pass on the information to someone else..

This week,
I was busy on work, internship, papers, class, etc..
and my car service light has been blinking for more than 3 weeks..
My fault for not scheduling earlier, but I tried to get it done before tutoring starts.
And I had a midterm today, so we had a study group few hours before
This week XX said she would take days off work and check up on the tutoring program...
So I informed her that I would leave early because of that..
When I got my car done servicing, it was around 5 minutes before the tutoring starts..
I was at Sunnyvale at that time and it would take 20 mins to get to the elementary school and another 20 minutes back to the study group area.
And XX was called and said that she was called back to work..
Another tutor, YY was informed and...... at the same time he was running late because he got stuck in a traffic caused by an accident.
suddenly ZZ called and asked where was I..
I told her the situation and she was saying that I wasn't coordinating the tutoring program properly..
Ok.. It's my fault for only informing YY not the ShiGu incharge..
and here goes our conversation (I might have rephrase because i don't have 100% excellent memory):
ZZ: Where are you
Me: I'm not going to the tutoring today. I just got out from servicing my car and I have a study group for my midterm later.
ZZ: Where's XX?
Me: She got called in to work last minute.. and we already told YY..
ZZ: You know, you are not coordinating this properly..
Me: It was really last minute, and we already informed YY because you DID NOT RSVP.
ZZ: You should have told SG and coordinate better next time.. Are you going to the dinner tonight?
Me: yes..
ZZ: So you are going to the dinner but you are not going to the tutoring..
Me: dude, I can't service my car at night..
(silence)
Me: I will talk to you later..
-----------------------------------

Later XX, showed me a message about ZZ asking her to talk to me about coordinating and me prioritizing which is more important.. and about me ditching tutoring to make food for fund raising and study group.
First of all, I'm not having fun somewhere else when I miss tutoring..
Second, please come talk to me about it, and not hearing it from someone else..
Third... I'm freaking annoyed by your superiority tone...

I'm gonna bitch off.. %$@#%^%^$#@$%#^

---------- no worries, in the end.. i realize that if i have done better in the first place, then....

AJA AJA!!! HWAK!!!

No comments: